Thursday, January 15, 2015

Kevin's Man Cave: A Work in Progress

There's something about the first of the year that makes me want to tackle lots of projects on my (never ending) Home Improvement To Do List.

We've been working up in Kevin's man cave--doing a little rearranging and trying to come up with a great plan on how to add storage and some work space!

Here's what the room has looked like for a few weeks now since rearranging the furniture...





This morning I hung the curtains.  I picked these up at Ikea several weeks ago on our way through Atlanta to visit Kev's parents.  I hung our diplomas and a picture of Clemson's Tillman Hall above the TV.  I can't say I like them hanging there, but it will do for now.  







We still want to paint the walls (though I don't have any idea on color yet), replace the hanging ceiling fan with a flush mount, add recessed lights (I'm most excited about that!!), and add a L-shaped desk with lots of storage  on the other side of the room.







One of these days, we'd love to replace the couch and love seat, too!  But that's pretty far down on the priority list.  Who knows if/when that will happen.  A girl can dream, though, right!?!

It's far from finished, but this is a step in the right direction!  

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment