Friday, January 23, 2015

From a Song to a Verse

I just haven't been able to get enough of this song this week.

Big Daddy Weave--Overwhelmed

And after listening to it no less than 100 times, this verse bubbled up in my heart...

Source.
Olivia will soon be 6.  Davis is closing in on 2 1/2.  

Everyday when Kevin comes home from work they run to him with open and outstretched arms squealing with delight, "Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!"

They're so overcome with joy just to be in his presence.

If we don't see our relationship with our heavenly Father the way my children see their relationship to their daddy...

then...I'm afraid...we've missed the point.

We've missed the point of what being a Christian really means.

We've missed the point of the Gospel.

We've missed the point of Jesus.

All He desires is for us to run to Him with our outstretched arms--to give ourselves over to Him in full abandon--just as Olivia and Davis do with their daddy. 

I think that's beautiful.  

I see Kevin's delight when his children run and jump in his arms, and I know.  I KNOW. that our heavenly Father is that much more delighted when we have that same desire--the desire of a child--to be in His presence.  


Zephaniah 3:17New International Version (NIV)

17 The Lord your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”

This is the point.  It's one that I think the world desperately needs.

I'm telling you what, there's not one person on this planet that has taught me more about Jesus than my own two children.  I fall deeper into His arms just from knowing them.  I mean that with all that I am.  

Sincerely,

Leigh



No comments:

Post a Comment