Monday, December 15, 2014

Gifting Christmas Arrangements


I made a big arrangement of fresh greenery for our coffee table.  I just used what we had around in the yard--snips of leyland cyprus, boxwood, and holly.  I stuffed them into a red vase (that I saved from the flowers Kevin sent to me on our 10 year anniversary) and added a few sticks of artificial berries.  It turned out so stinkin' cute (to be a slap-together project of things I already had around the house!)

We went to Mama and Daddy's Saturday to play and have an early dinner, so I made two more little arrangements to give to Mama and Allison.  I used the same greenery snips from the yard.  For the vases, I raided our glass recycling bin and pulled out two spaghetti sauce jars.  I washed them out and peeled off the labels then added some ribbon to dress things up a bit!  Again, they turned out so stinkin' cute!

Mama had the same idea (great minds really do think alike!)  She had made the most beautiful Christmas hanging baskets for her front porch (I regret not taking a picture of them) and was sweet enough to give me some of her left over magnolia leaves and fraser fir trimmings!

I used them to whip up 6 vases today.  These are tagged for a few neighbors and friends, so I splurged and bought new vases (they're from the Dollar Tree!  **wink**wink**)




I added green burlap ribbon around each vase and then tied them up with bakers twine (I don't do much these days without my bakers twine!)  So each arrangement ran me a whopping $1.00 (I already had the green burlap ribbon and bakers twine on hand.)

Add these sweet gift tags, and they're perfectly giftable!  I know I would love to find one of these on my front porch!


I've already delivered two today, and I'll deliver the remaining four tomorrow!  I've so enjoyed the arrangement on our coffee table, so I hope the recipients will love these, too!

I had a few trimmings left over, so I put them to good use beside the garage entrance!







Wishing you the merriest of Christmases!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment