Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas 2014: It was Merry and Bright!


Our little Christmas was both merry and bright!  Despite the soggy conditions outside, we had a fun week just relaxing, playing, baking, watching movies, and just spending time together as a family.  It was a perfect Christmas week!

We spent Christmas Eve getting ready for Santa!







Santa came!!

































That sneaky Santa even left a present in the garage!!




What is it!?!





A bouncyyyyyyyyyyyy castle!!!







Y'all, this thing is THE BEST!!  It blows up and deflates in literally seconds, folds up surprisingly small (can easily be stored in a Rubbermaid storage bin in the garage) and Olivia and Davis L.O.V.E. it!!!  I can set it up for them by myself, let them play, and then put. it. away!  Easy peasy!






Olivia ended up not feeling well on Christmas.  She had a sore throat, persistent hacking cough, and fever that ended up lasting a few days.  Funny thing is, I tried sooooooo hard to keep everyone healthy for Christmas.  At Olivia's school party, I whipped out Clorox wipes and wiped down the tables before the class came in to eat their snack.  Yeah, I was that mom.  All the other moms looked at me like I was CRAZY, and I even said, "I don't know about y'all, but I don't want to take home any germs for Christmas!"  Then it was my child that ended up sick on Christmas day.  I'm not bitter or anything!

We finished up our Christmas celebrations yesterday at Nana and Papa's!  Nana squealed with pure delight when she saw Olivia walking through her front door!  We were all afraid Olivia would miss Christmas at Nana and Papa's two years in a row (she was sick with a fever last year and wasn't able to go to Nana's for Christmas.) 
















And with that, another Christmas has come and gone!  

Hope yours was merry and bright, too!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment