Ok. Ok! Months. But whatever.
We finished up the guest bathroom a couple of weeks ago. You can see it here.
As far as the guest bedroom goes, here's where we started.
Really, the only good things about this room were the walk in closet, the wide crown molding, and the fact that it gets lots of afternoon sun through the double window. Other than that, it needed lots of love!
After giving the ceiling a fresh coat of paint, painting three walls Benjamin Moore China White, and painting an accent wall Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue, the room sat like this for months.
Over the past few weeks, I've been working to get 'er done so that Kevin and I could move on to bigger and better projects around here!
So here's the room now...
I'm still thinking on some ideas for a quick-and-easy, inexpensive, and temporary headboard. It needs to be temporary because (crossing my fingers) I hope to get a king-size bed for Kev and me (one of these days) and move our queen sleigh bed up to this room!
I made these little side tables for about $12 each (I think?)
I bought this stain grade round table top at Lowes along with 2 wooden decorative corbels. Kevin cut the table top in half with the circular saw, and I painted everything white. In no time flat, I had two nightstands!!
This white wicker armoire has a bit of a history. I got it for free from my freshman year roommate's boss (did you get all that?!?) Since then, it's been in my room at Mama and Daddy's house. Mama has been trying to pawn it off on me for years, but we just didn't have a place for it at our old house. But now that we have a dedicated guest room, the freebie armoire that Mama and I hauled all the way from Charleston all those years ago has a new home here!
I painted this little flower pot at church this summer during a little get-together with some girls I have the pleasure of serving with! I plopped in some greenery and spanish moss that I had on hand stuffed back in a closet.
This chair has a story, too! Mama found it and thought of me! (Sweet!!) It was $4 and some change, and she just knew I could bring it back to life!!
For now, I tucked a quilted pillow sham (that Mama tried to sell at one of our yard sales a few years back. It didn't sell, so she gave the pair of shams to me. I love them, and have held on to them in hopes of using them on my king-size bed that I'll hopefully one day get!) around the seat cushion. I'm on the hunt for some fabric to recover that seat!
And here's my
So that's it for the guest room. I can't officially call it done until I figure out a solution for the headboard and recover that seat cushion, but, for now, it's done enough!