Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Guest Bathroom Redo: It's Done!

It's been a long time coming.

We started this little bathroom transformation back in late January.  I painted the ceiling a smoky blue and Kevin and I started to hang bead board wallpaper.  After only getting about 1/3 of the paper hung, we stopped.  I think we just lost our steam, you know!?

So the bathroom sat like this for months...




The "in progress" project all those months ago with 2/3 of the bathroom sporting the flat, pale yellow original paint...




And 1/3 of the bathroom sporting the unpainted bead board wallpaper...





Our only motivation to finish up the bathroom and adjoining guest bedroom was that we wanted to tackle some projects in our kitchen, but we didn't want to start a new project with an old one still looming over our heads.  

So after a few days of hard work, I'm sooooo very happy to have the bathroom checked off our to-do list!!










 
It's now fresh, clean, and bright!  I used a semi-gloss white on the bead board which bounces all kinds of light around this small, windowless bathroom!  I'm still on the hunt for a little something to hang above the towel bar that's above the toilet, but other than that, this project is D.O.N.E!

Up next...the guest bedroom.  I have a few things to hang, then I'll post pics!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment