Friday, June 6, 2014

Ephesians 1:19-20

I am taking on a new Bible Study with a pretty amazing group of gals!  Their love for Jesus is down right inspiring, and I. can't. wait. to see what God's gonna do over these next weeks!  I'm so very grateful for my friend, A, who is stepping out of her comfort zone to lead this thing!  You're so great, A!!

We'll be adventuring through this intense, 10-week study on Believing God!  Not just believing in God, but actively and continually believing him.

Two totally different things.






We're only four days in, and already God is expanding my heart.

I just love how He does stuff like that!

So here's what God rocked me with.  It's straight from Paul.




"BELIEVE."

Paul isn't using the word "believe" here to mean belief in Jesus that leads to salvation.  If you're a Christian, you've been there, done that.

My study has taught me that taking this "believe" back to the Greek (it's a present active participle) actually means a continual and repeated belief.  

BOOM!

So read that verse again and put continually before believe.

Totally changes it, right!?!

Paul is saying that we will understand God's incredible and great power when we continually and repeatedly believe Him.

I want that reward!

To get it, I have to continually and repeatedly believe with ASSURANCE AND CONFIDENCE:

  1. God is who he says he is
  2. God can do what he says he can do
  3. I am who God says I am
  4. I can do all things through Christ
  5. God's word is alive and active in me
Believe this.  Over and over and over and over and over.......day after day after day after day....

Only then will I understand His power--the same power that raised JC from the dead!

Following Jesus is more than believing in him.

It's about believing Him.

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment