Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

False alarm on having school today.

The district schools are shut down, and, although Olivia's preschool operated on a delay this morning, I didn't take her after we watched Kevin ice skate out to his truck this morning!

This means Olivia didn't get to take her Valentine treats to her friends today.  We spent yesterday afternoon making these applesauce treats for her classmates.





Olivia and Davis both enjoy these squeezable applesauces for snack time.  I was stocking up on them at Target a few weeks ago when this idea came to me to turn them into Valentine treats for Olivia's 4-K class.  Of course, these are already plastered ALL OVER pinterest (and I thought I had an original idea.  HA!)

I found the free printable tags here.  Olivia and I printed them on white card stock and cut them out using craft scissors.  Olivia punched the holes in the top of each tag, and I tied each tag to the applesauce snacks using bakers twine.  Easy peasy! 




Then Olivia helped me decorate a little box to carry her treats in.  We simply covered a cardboard box (this one is the box that mandarin orange snack cups come in from Sams) in red and white striped wrapping paper (left over from Olivia's Minnie Mouse birthday party.)  Just to dress it up a little, we wrapped the box in black polka-dot ribbon (also from the Minnie Mouse birthday party), and finished it off with a pink heart!  This way, Olivia's teacher can throw the box away or save it and use it for crayons and things!

On another note, Kevin and I celebrated Valentine's Day last night with a "date-night-in" dinner.  




Kevin was disappointed when the weather dampened his surprise plans for a real date night.  He arranged for sweet Miss K to come watch the little ones so he and I could go out to a nice dinner.  Can I tell you that my heart shattered when he let me in on his little secret and told me we wouldn't be able to go.  I've been saying for MONTHS--I mean MONTHS peeps--how much I wanted to go OUT for a nice dinner.  To sit down at the table and not have to get up 38 times to get refills on milk, pick up fallen sippy cups and forks, get extra napkins, and not hear, "How many more bites do I have to take?" 

Are you pickin' up what I'm laying down????  

I desperately wanted to go OUT and be SERVED!  Have someone bring me a salad.  My entree.  Refill my beverage!!!  WAaaaahhhhh!  (I'm still crying on the inside!)

But not all was lost.  We put the kiddos to bed early, and made a delish dinner for ourselves!

Lamb...yummmm.  Shrimp Scampi.....yummmmm.  Roasted asparagus.....yummmmm.  Thyme Roasted Potatoes....yummmmm!





Here's who I'll be spending V-Day with!  


This picture KILLS ME every time I see it!!  Those piercing blue eyes and that dimpled smile all under a Clemson hat!  

Oh.  My.  Gracious!  

This is just how I saw Kevin for the first time in the fall of 1999 in Physics class at Clemson.  I went back to my apartment that very day and told my roommates, "Y'all, there's this guy in my physics class that has the MOOOOST AMAAAAAAAZING blue eyes!"  

I was 19 years old.  

On the one hand, it feels like a lifetime ago, but on the other hand, it feels like just yesterday.  

Either way, Kevin, I love you to the moon and back!  Today, you're a stronger MAN, FATHER, HUSBAND than you've ever been, and I know the BEST IS YET TO COME!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment