Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Growing People Change

I'm not who I need to be, but I'm not the person I once was.



Source.
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has  become a new person.  The old life is gone; a new life has begun.
 2 Corinthians 5:17


The Gospel changes EVERYTHING.

I always struggled with the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  I graduated from high school without knowing the answer to that question.  I graduated from college not knowing.  Honestly, I still don't really know the answer.

But let me share what I've learned as Jesus is transforming me.

God put me on this earth on purpose and for a purpose, and although I don't know for sure what "worldly profession" I would choose, I know that spiritually, I (we) are here for the purpose of glorifying God (1 Corinthians 10:31.)

What does that look like?

One way that Scripture lays it out for us is in 2 Corinthians 10:5.

So for me, I'm working on "taking my thoughts captive and making them obedient to God."

Why do I have to wash 4 loads of laundry today?  Because I love Jesus.
Why am I up at 4:00am to give a breathing treatment?  Because I love Jesus.
Why am I changing stinky diaper #3 today?  Because I love Jesus.  
Why am I reading my Bible today?  Because I love Jesus.
Why did I forgive you?  Because I love Jesus.

Putting focus on Jesus may not change my circumstances, but IT DOES change my perspective.  Instead of asking God to TAKE ME OUT of a circumstance, I'm asking him to LET ME SEE HIM in that circumstance.   And instead of asking God to CHANGE THINGS AROUND ME, I'm asking Him to SHOW ME WHAT IS BROKEN WITHIN ME and asking Him to change it. (Psalm 139:23-24)

I am excited about how He is changing me; how He is working IN ME and THROUGH ME!  I am amazed at His GOODNESS and GRACE!

And it all started with the Gospel.

Join me at E-4!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment