Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our Gingerbread Party (But Not Really)

So, somehow (and I can't for the life of me recall how this happened) I agreed to Olivia having a Christmas party for her friends.  

It's important to note here that Olivia, at just 4 years old, is quite the little host/party planner.  I keep saying she is going to be a party planner for the stars one day.  So, she's been talking about this "party" for weeks now requesting goodie bags, making a guest list and planning a menu (even going so far as to make a grocery list all by herself!)  Now that I think about it, I don't think she ever really asked to have this party.  She just started assertively talking about it as if there was no question as to whether or not it would happen.  (Smart cookie!)

Olivia's guest list included Makenzie and Anna, and I had to break the difficult news to her that it would be unlikely that they would be able to attend since they live out of state.  

Bummer.  

Mommy=Major Party Pooper.  

So I thunk and I thunk....after all, I had to redeem myself!

And BAM!  I HAD A GREAT IDEA!  I told Olivia we would invite Sarah and Bradley over for a Gingerbread House Decorating Party!!!  

(Insert Olivia's face aglow with pure joy!)

This great affair was to take place this past Sunday.  The plan was for Sarah and Bradley to come over on Sunday morning and go to church with us, come home and have lunch and then everybody would decorate gingerbread houses!  

Yeah!

What fun!

But our fun got smushed because Sarah and Bradley were both sick.  Boo!  

So to make a long story long now, Olivia and I had our own little "party" today and decorated our gingerbread house!  

I had everything set up as a little surprise for her when she got home from school! 





Yes, Olivia returned from school in her PJs.  Don't worry.  I didn't forget to dress her this morning!  She had a Polar Express party at school.  Everyone wore PJs and watched The Polar Express and snacked on Christmas goodies and hot chocolate!







I just love that sweet little face!





Merry, Merry Christmas and a Ho! Ho! Ho!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment