Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Guest Bedroom: A Work in Progress

We are planning to use our spare bedroom as the guest room, although, right now, it's very much in the "bare bones" category (certainly not ready for any guests.)

The plan for the bed is still in limbo.  We're considering moving our queen bed from the master up to this room and getting a king-size bed for us!  This is the ideal plan!  I'm trying to convince Kevin to go for a Sleep Number Bed.  We'll see what happens!  For now, we're rocking this futon that was Kristina's her first year or two of college.  It's the only piece of furniture in the room.




See that awful ceiling fan??  It's definitely getting replaced.  We'll be moving a white wicker armoire from my old room at Mama and Daddy's.  It will go in front of the futon/bed on this wall...




I had to do some major cleaning today in this room (see the hose for the central vac??)  I've had this room in complete chaos the last several weeks sorting, pricing, tagging, hanging, organizing and boxing   everything that Olivia and Davis have outgrown and any "baby" items we are finished with.  It will all be sold next week in the Upstate Kids consignment sale!!  (It's hard to believe the baby bathtub is going.  Even harder to believe I'm selling the Boppy.  It's the end of an era--no more babies.)  The pocket door leads to the bathroom, and the door beside the futon leads to the walk-in closet.





So this is the direction the room is going.





The yellow paint will go.  I'm considering this color...


I have a nightstand in the garage that I bought at Salvation Army a few years ago for a whopping $7.00.  I bought it to refinish for Olivia's room, but I may just paint it and use it in this room.  I'm tossing around some ideas for what to put on the wall behind the bed.






So, it's still very much a work in progress.  Plus, I'm considering what to do in the adjoining bathroom.  I'd like these two rooms to coordinate but not necessarily match.  

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment