Saturday, July 14, 2012

Baby Boy Nursery: Lamp Revamp

So, I ran into a little trouble with the nursery.  I ordered a Pottery Barn Kids crib bed skirt off Ebay.  It was the first thing I bought for the baby's room.  I like it--it's plain and simple.  Just my style!  And everything for the room kind of fell in line around the crib skirt.  Trouble is, when we put the crib together, I realized that you can't even really see the skirt.  Ugh!

So, I decided to cut the fabric off the back of the skirt--the fabric that hangs off the back of the crib.  No one would ever see it anyway.  That way I could use it in other parts of the room!

Here's were that extra fabric comes in...



I bought this yellow lamp a while ago from a local boutique consignment store pretty inexpensively.  I bought it with the intention of redoing it in pink for Olivia's room, but that never happened.  So I gave it a facelift so it would work in the baby's room.



I spray painted the lamp in Oxford Blue, and recovered the lamp shade in the crib skirt fabric.  

 

A pretty simple redo!  There's even enough fabric left to make a little pillow for the glider. 

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment