Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's for Supper?

I'm loving our little garden!!  I get such a giddy anticipation to go out in the afternoons and see what's ready to be picked!




Today, we had 3 tomatoes, a perfect little cucumber, and I picked some basil just because I couldn't resist!

See this...
 


That's my supper!


A fresh Caprese Salad drizzled with a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper and freshly sliced cucumber.



 It was deeee-licious!

Our little garden is helping to cultivate Olivia's green thumb.  She too loves to go "check the garden" every afternoon, and she gets a high-pitched squeal when she discovers something ready to be picked!  And she's most attentive to our plants' watering needs! 


 Every kid needs a garden (and so do Moms, too!)

Sincerely,

Leigh










No comments:

Post a Comment