Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dear Allison,

"Dixie Delights" is a blog that I read about everyday. The girl that writes it lives in Atlanta and she's just a couple of years older than me. She is fabulously Southern. Her house and decor are to. die. for! She has two little boys.

This poem is on her blog today. I thought is was simply beautiful--little boys being ever so slowly transformed into tomorrow's men. Leaders of families, hands and feet for Christ, strong fathers for yet another generation. If I had a son, this would be my inspiration everyday as I mothered and nurtured him. I love this!

From the book Footprints of a Pilgrim by Ruth Bell Graham:

He must be so tall when he is on his knees, as one has said, he reaches all the way to Heaven.
His shoulders must be broad enough to bear the burden of a family.
His lips must be strong enough to smile,
firm enough to say no,
and tender enough to kiss.
His love must be so deep that it takes its stand in
Christ and so wide that it takes in the whole world.
He must be big enough to be gentle
and great enough to be thoughtful.
His arms must be strong enough to carry a little child.

I thought I'd pass this along to you for Bradley!

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

Love you,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment