Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hall Bath Update

Our hall bathroom (a.k.a. Olivia's bathroom) has been a thorn in my side for some time now for several reasons.
1. It's small
2. No window for sunlight to shine in
3. It's cramped when you're in the floor bending over the tub trying to scrub a wiggly little girl
4. It makes me claustrophobic
5. Hated the paint color (and I actually was the one to pick out the paint color and paint that bathroom after we moved into this house. I have hated it ever since.)

I knew I wanted something different in there but didn't know what. That was until I found this picture


Photo source


Love this bathroom!! I immediately knew I wanted to copy this for Olivia's bathroom!!

So I hung bead board wallpaper from floor to ceiling. Kevin put up crown molding, and I painted the wallpaper, molding and doors all in a bright white. I changed out the silver knobs on the vanity to oil rubbed bronze knobs.

Here's Olivia's bathroom now...




I wanted to do more accessorizing (meaning I wanted to make a shelf/towel holder just like the one in my inspiration pic, and I wanted to make an initial picture to hang above the toilet just like in the inspiration) and I wanted to paint the vanity black, but I decided not to since our house is on the market.

Now, that little, claustrophobic bathroom is one of my favorite rooms in the house! It's super bright and cheery, and, all of a sudden, it doesn't seems so tiny! Amazing what a little inspiration can do!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment