Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Has Sprung in the Dining Room

This is two before-and-afters in one!

I saw this sheet at Goodwill. It's a Laura Ashley, and it was only $3. I thought it was soooo pretty with it's wide, lace trim!!




I decided to turn it into a runner for the dining room table!

Here's the before of the table:



And the after:









With a little cutting and sewing, I got a pretty table runner. I also cut a piece of burlap, unraveled the two ends a bit and laid it on top of the white sheet. I like the contrast between the burlap and the lacy sheet!





I also added a little "spring bling" as a centerpiece!





Adding the white table runner and white plates to the table helps to brighten things up a bit and helps to break-up all the dark wood!

It's workin' for me!

Sincerely,

Leigh

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! I never thought to look at the sheets at the thrift store but what a find!! Love the ruffles and the table looks great. Visiting here from Just a Girl SAS.

    ReplyDelete