Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bathroom Reno: Update


Are we done yet??

I took some pics of the bathroom progress this morning.



Here's where we are:


I painted the walls and ceiling earlier this week!! I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but the ceiling is a faint shade of blue!! It will look even better when the crown goes up!



The paint colors are from the Lowes Creative Ideas collection.
Walls: Dove's Cry
Ceiling: Breezy Blue




I finally got the glass knobs put in this morning! 50% off at Hobby Lobby! Score!




I put all the towel racks, electrical covers, etc. back up yesterday! I spray painted everything in oil rubbed bronze. Looks good!


Sometimes the smallest things make me the happiest.
I hung these hooks on the back of the door, and we'll hang our towels on them. We used to hang our towels on hooks right outside the shower, but I like that they'll be hidden now!! Happy, happy, happy!

I got this cabinet yesterday at the Habitat ReStore!!
It needs tweaking--I don't like the extra wood that sticks up on both sides at the top. I'm thinking I'll just cut that off, add crown molding and glass knobs. It will be perfect! And for less than half the price of what I would have paid for a new cabinet this size!


Tonight and tomorrow, we'll work on getting the counter top, sinks and faucets installed. Hopefully by Friday night, we'll be able to brush our teeth in our own bathroom again!

Saturday, we'll work on tiling around the shower, tub and vanity and we want to get the shower door put in. Just try to guess how excited I am about having a shower door!! Can't wait!



This is our tile. I scored big time with this! It was on clearance at Lowes!


If all goes well, by Sunday we'll be able to get the bead board up on the shower/tub side of the bathroom! Whew! I'm tired already!



The unpainted area is where the tile/bead board will go!




Shower door and bead board waiting to go in!


If we can get all of the above accomplished this weekend, then all that will be left is:

1. Putting up crown molding
2. Painting bead board, crown molding and trim around window
3. Tweaking, painting and installing the over-the-toilet cabinet
4. Accessorizing!


5. Nursing a runny nose.


6. Repairing the carpet where the vacuum sucked up a tiny thread and pulled this HUGE run in the floor. I could have thrown the vacuum from here to the SC/GA state line! AHHHHHHHH!

Here's to a busy weekend!

Sincerely,

Leigh

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been reading a lot of bathroom renovation blogs, but I think this one is my favorite! It’s simple, but with all the details that you've put together, it looks very classy. I particularly like the mirrors, it’s very neat and modern looking. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Lynne Halloran @ Suburban Glass Service

    ReplyDelete