Monday, March 14, 2011

Bathroom Reno: Day Unknown

Progress in the bathroom has been slow the last few weeks.

Our weekends have been pretty busy, so there hasn't been much time to focus on the bathroom.

Kevin was able to get the counter top cut to size and get the holes cut out for the sinks. Here's a sneak peek at what it will look like...






And here's my #1 helper!!




She's gonna be 2 this week! Don't even ask me how that's possible. I don't want to talk about it.

She's really excited, though. All she talks about is her birthday party!!

Today, I'm sanding and poly-ing the counter top. This will take several days because it requires lots of coats. But it's sooo worth it! I'm really excited about how it's going to look! Can't wait to get it in the bathroom and hooked up and working!

Oh, and I made my first Craigslist purchase this weekend, too!! I've been looking for a dresser to put in our master closet. This one was posted on Saturday night, and by Sunday it was M.I.N.E.! For $55!!




I've been looking for just this type of dresser--small with spindly legs with 2 big drawers at the bottom and 2 half-sized drawers at the top!! And the legs have rollers on the bottom, too!! BONUS!! I love that!

It has dove-tailed drawers, and they work really well! SCORE!



The mirror attaches to the dresser! I think the mirror is sooo very pretty with the rounded top and sides!

I'm going to paint it white and put black knobs on it. I may even reuse the original knobs. I'm just not sure yet. But can't you just see it?? Imagine it being all cleaned up and painted a creamy white with black knobs!! Oh, and some pretty drawer liners inside the drawers! I'm thinking I'll put some of my shoes in the bottom drawer! And I want to put my jewelry box on top (my jewelry box that Shannon gave me a few Christmases ago that I just love!) It will be sooo pretty!! I can't wait :)

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment