Saturday, February 12, 2011

This to That: Clock to Cloche

Here's one of my junk/treasure finds.



I got this shiny, brassy clock for $3.99 at SA in Woodruff last weekend. I'm sure you've seen this done before--turning one of these clocks into a cloche. And that's just what I did.

So I turned this...





into that...




It was pretty easy. All it involved was a tiny screwdriver to unscrew a couple of screws and take the clock apart. After that, I rubbed the brassy base with steel wool to ruff-up the shiny surface and spray painted it with some spray paint that we acquired when we bought this house. The paint is actually for painting trim on a car! It's a grayish-black color which works well with the handles and pulls on the hutch! I bought the green moss covered balls at the Dollar Tree for a total of $3.00!




These cloches are pretty popular right now and can cost a pretty penny! So I'm really happy with my $7.00 investment!

Here's my next little project to tackle...




It's a wooden cake stand that I got for $2.00! I loved it when I saw it.



I'm thinking I'll spray paint it white then distress it a bit so I don't loose that detail around the edge. It already has the perfect home in the hutch. I'll probable put a place setting of china on it!








Peek-a-boo! Olivia is still lovin' Santa in February!!


Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment