Friday, February 18, 2011

Bath Reno: Day 7

The bathroom has taken over my life.

I made myself take a break this morning. Olivia and I went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast and Olivia played on the playground. Fun was had by all!

So, this afternoon, I painted.



It was such a beautiful day today I moved my "workshop" outside!







It still needs another coat.


Yesterday, I sanded. A lot. All the molding. All the bead board. It's dust city here, folks! And I took the door off the hinges. That's something I've never done before, and it was soooo, soooo easy! I removed all the hardware and threw everything in the dishwasher! Everything you see above went in the dishwasher to be cleaned--hinges, doorknobs, towel racks, switch plate covers. I really didn't want to wash all that by hand. And it had to be washed after years of dust/hairspray/gunk build-up on it! The dishwasher technique worked like a charm!

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Sincerely,

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment