Monday, January 31, 2011

Things Are Changin' 'Round Here

I'm on a mission.

I'm cleanin' up and cleanin' out.

The junk is going, and it feels good!

Let's start with the garage. Ooooohhh, that awful, thorn-in-my-side, depressing, pit-of-filth that has been our garage for 6 years--I have tackled and conquered it!

Take that you pit of filth.

I'll have to take pictures once the boat is gone so you can see the change.

The biggest transformation in the garage was the windows. Imagine not washing your car for 6 years--imagine what the grill and hood would look like with 6 years of bug guts on it. That's exactly what the windows in our garage looked like.

So, I had to bring out the big guns--Mama's Glass Cleaner Recipe!

Mama uses this on all her windows. She found it in a magazine some time ago (probably a Good Housekeeping from 1984.) This stuff is a miracle worker, and, I promise that if you try it, you'll never buy another bottle of Windex again!

Add 1/2 cup ammonia
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
to a bucket of warm water.
You'll need 2 rags (one of which needs to be lint-free.)
Use one rag to scrub window with cleaner. Use lint-free rag to dry/buff window to a beautiful, streak-free shine!

Note: I wouldn't recommend trying to clean windows if the sun is shining directly on them. This would cause the cleaner to dry on the hot window before you get it buffed.

I promise this works a thousand times better than Windex. Windex leaves a film, and don't even mention the streaks!

And, this can be used on mirrors, on your car windows, picture frame glass, etc.

I use a regular size mop bucket and fill it halfway with water. I used part of an old undershirt as my lint-free rag. Works like a charm!

The windows in the garage now sparkle!

You're gonna thank me for this one (and my mama, too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment