Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why I Love Spring


I have really enjoyed the past few weeks of mild, sunny days. I have spent as much time outside as possible. We mostly eat lunch and dinner out on the deck. I slather sunscreen on Olivia and set her loose in the back yard. She loves. I love it, too. Olivia runs around so much (barefooted, of course) that her feet are black and smudged with green grass stains when she comes inside! Aaahh....just like a country girl (minus the country setting.) It takes a lot of scrubbing in the bath to get that little girl clean.

I have always loved spring, but, it seems, I have especially loved it this year. I think it's because the spring season passed me by last year. Olivia wasn't even a month old at this time last year. My days were full of sitting around with my shirt off breastfeeding a baby! My mom told me that I would get to the point where I just wouldn't wear a shirt, and I thought, "Me?? Why on earth would I just walk around shirtless??!!" But I'm ashamed to admit that there were days....well.....you know! A shirt is just in the way when you're breastfeeding. Even if you wear one, it's either open or pulled over your head 99% of the day, so why even bother! Needless to say, I didn't get outside very much last spring. Now you know why I have enjoyed this spring so very, very much!

Here's some pics of Olivia playing outside today. She had a blast!










1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see Olivia enjoying her playhouse and water table! She is such a sweetheart. Enjoy every minute with her!
    Love,
    Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete