Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Uuuuuggghhh...It's Time to Clean the Toilets

I love a clean house, but my house is far from it right now. The furniture is covered in a layer of dust, there are tumbleweeds of dog hair blowing across the hardwood floors and the toilet in the guest bathroom is growing that dreaded black ring. Uuuuugggghhhhh. Worst part is I just vacuumed on Sunday. I vacuumed EVERY ROOM--Olivia's room, the guest room/office, mine and Kev's room. Even the rugs at the front and back doors. I cleaned the wood floors in the living room, dining room and foyer, and I cleaned the tile floor in the kitchen. So how can there already be tumbleweeds of dog hair flying around??? Curse Bailey's hyper-shedding--it will be the death of me. My never-ending battle. A battle I'll never win. I can't wait for spring. When my pink hyacinth peak through the mulch, I'm taking Bailey straight to Pet Smart for a buzz cut! I can't stand the hair anymore!!!!!!!!

As for the dust...yet another battle I'll never win. I love the house when its freshly dusted. The slight hint of a lemony Pledge scent in the air. Aaahhh! I think I'll move into a wine cellar. That's really the only place where dust is permissible. You want to see a layer of dust on those old bottles of wine. It makes a statement of fine aging. It's dignified. So why is it not that way when the dust is on my coffee table?

Oh, and the toilet. Well, what can I say? I've ignored it until it simply can't be ignored anymore. It spews filth at me every time I lift the lid. I've even avoided that bathroom for the last few days because I'd rather not deal with it. I'd rather not be up to my elbows in a filthy toilet slushing Clorox under the rim. But, I guess it must be done, and the sooner the better. If I would just suck it up and tackle the throne, I'd have a great sense of accomplishment--another one of those things that I just love!

Sincerely,
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment