Monday, February 15, 2010

Just for Kevin

I made this cheesecake on Saturday as a special Valentine treat for Kevin. Kevin loves cheesecake, and not the Jello-No-Bake Cheesecake. He likes the real deal. I've never made a cheesecake for him before; although, I've thought about it many times. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not the world's best baker.
I think it's because I'm not in love with my kitchen. If I had endless counter space, under cabinet lighting, dual ovens, a restaurant-grade gas cooktop and a fancy KitchenAid stand mixer I could be the best cook in the world! Instead, I make do with my few square feet of counters, my dim overhead lighting, my flat-top stove with single oven (I really shouldn't complain about my stove--it's fairly new, and it's convection!) and my hand-held mixer. No wonder I can't bake. No wonder my baking attempts end in the stove incessantly beeping with an unknown error code flashing on the display. And this fiasco was all over brownies from a box!
This is why I've never attempted making a real cheesecake for Kevin...until now! I must have felt very confident when I decided to do this. I carefully followed the recipe. Two and a half pounds of cream cheese and 7 eggs later....voila!...A darn good cheesecake! The recipe is a New York-Style Cheesecake with Choice of Toppings from Emeril. It's absolutely out of this world! If the batter didn't have 7 raw eggs in it, I would have sucked it through a straw! You should make it TODAY! Don't wait for a special occasion--you'll only be depriving yourself! I would send you a piece if I could! Hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
Leigh

1 comment:

  1. Soooo...You love me enough to make me one?

    ReplyDelete